Inspired by http://www.pickyourown.org/pumpkinpie.php and http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/suzannes_old_fashioned_pumpkin_pie/
- 2 cups of pumpkin pulp pure from a pumpkin or from canned pumpkin pure
- 12 oz. of evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of “pumpkin pie spice” from The Spice House
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs plus the yolk of a third egg
- 1 good crust (2 cup sized crusts are nice, you get more pies)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Cook the crusts at 350 for 5-10 minutes, until they are just starting to dry
- Turn the oven up to 425
- Put all of the above ingredients into a high-powered blender (blendtec or vitamix)(you’ll get about 5 cups of filling)
- Wrap the edges of the crusts with aluminum?foil to prevent them from getting burnt
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crusts
- Cook at 425 for 15 minutes
- Cook at 350 for 40-50 minutes then more until a metal knife inserted in the middle of the pie comes out clean (usually another 20 minutes)
- Let em cool
Heavy whipping cream plus a little maple syrup is easy to whip up into a good topping.
150 years ago dinner was at 1 1/2 o’clock, and supper was at 6 1/2. The food was free with your hotel stay and purchase of alcoholic beverages. You still had to pay corkage fees.
No worries. No cares. Just float and wait for the wind to blow you around. Only think about one thing at a time. Don’t get greedy. If you don’t like it – change it. It’s your world. Trees grow in all kinds of ways. They’re not all perfectly straight. Not every limb is perfect. Just let go – and fall like a little waterfall. We can always carry this a step further. There’s really no end to this.
Every single thing in the world has its own personality – and it is up to you to make friends with the little rascals. All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind. If we’re going to have animals around we all have to be concerned about them and take care of them. In this world, everything can be happy.
We spend so much of our life looking – but never seeing. We don’t have to be committed. We are just playing here. Isn’t it great to do something you can’t fail at? Just pretend you are a whisper floating across a mountain. You’re meant to have fun in life. Just relax and let it flow. That easy.